PREORDER Deep Space - Pick Your Weight and Base - Dyed to Order - Indie Dyed Yarn
Colorway: Deep Space
The photos for this item show it dyed up on our Toasty Yak Toes base. This base is gray, unlike wool bases which are typically white or off-white. This means that the colorway you see in the photo is warmer and more subdued than it might be when dyed up on a wool base.
The price shown above is for a single skein of yarn. To order this dyed-to-order product, select your yarn base from the drop down menu below, select the quantity that you want to purchase, and add the item to your cart.
Yarn Base Choices:
Fingering and Sock Weight Yarns:
- Toasty Toes: Our signature sock base. Toasty toes is a lovely, soft and plump 2-ply sock yarn made from 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon. An excellent workhorse yarn, with a plentiful yardage for a pair of socks (464 yards per 100g skein), it also has excellent stitch definition, making it your new go-to sock yarn. Colorways on this base are vibrant and the yarn is next-to-the-skin soft.
- Toasty Toes Extra Fine: A limited-edition addition to the Tina's Toasty Toes lineup, this four-ply yarn base is 100 grams of 85% Superwash Extra Fine Merino wool and 15% nylon. Each skein has 437 yards of goodness. Get this base while you can, as it may not be carried by Tina's Toasty Toes permanently.
- Toasty Wool: 100% Superwash Merino like you've never seen it before. Toasty Wool is one of the hottest sock yarns in Europe! This yarn is a springy superwash merino. A 4-ply yarn, this is a nice and round yarn, strong for socks, so strong that you can forget any need for nylon in a sock yarn blend. 100 gram skeins, 438 yards per skein.
- Toasty BFL Toes: A luscious four-ply skein of fingering weight yarn in 100% Superwash Bluefaced Leicester wool, from our supplier in England. Each skein is 100 grams of gorgeousness, with 437 yards of beautiful yarn to work with.
- Toasty Yak Toes: This is Tina's favorite base to work with. Toasty Yak Toes is a delicious blend of 65% superwash merino, 20% silk and 15% yak. The yak gives the yarn its natural coloring, and provides this yarn with a warm base. Over dyeing this yarn gives wonderful rich and warm colors. It is presented in 120 gram skeins, meaning that each skein has 523 yards of soft, luxury yarn!
- Toasty Panda Toes: Toasty Panda Toes is an 80% superwash Merino blended with 20% Bamboo into a soft and lovely sock weight yarn. The bamboo won't take acid dye, but the superwash merino more than makes up for it. The bamboo acts to give a gentle sheen. Colorways are slightly muted on this base. Each 100-gram skein has 436 yards.
- Toasty Sparkle Toes: Toasty Sparkle Toes is 411 yards of sparkly goodness. Made of 90% superwash merino wool and 10% lurex, the sparkles in this yarn are part of the yarn itself- not a separate ply. This means you'll never have to worry about your sparkle snagging or unwinding from the yarn. Each hank is 100 grams.
DK Weight Yarns:
- Toasty DK: This is our idea of the perfect knitting yarn! This yarn is a versatile weight -- great for sweaters, shawls, any clothing article. If you like to knit a thicker sock, this yarn is for you. If you are a sweater knitter, but don't like a heavy fabric, with a gauge adjustment, this sweater will become your favorite. Easy to care for superwash. May be washed by machine on gentle cycle, if desired. Lay flat to dry, as with all fine fabrics. Toasty DK is a 4-ply yarn in bouncy superwash, with 231 yards per 100-gram skein.
Worsted Weight Yarns:
- Toasty Worsted: Toasty Worsted is our springy merino in superwash worsted weight, and one to exceed expectations! This 4-ply yarn is great for sweaters, shawls, hats and more. Perfect for cables and with excellent stitch detail, you will love this yarn! Each 100-gram skein has 218 yards.
For more information on our yarn bases, visit the Our Yarns page.
What you need to know:
This is indie-dyed yarn. All yarn is dyed in small batches using professional dyes on high quality bases. Our yarns are perfect for knitting, crochet, and weaving. Although we always strive for consistency, each individual skein and dye lot is unique and there will be variations even among the same dye lot. We recommend buying enough yarn at one time to complete your project, and switching between skeins as you work to give your project the most consistent look.
This is a preorder product. This yarn is dyed to order, and it is not ready to ship. Preorders take 4-6 weeks to produce (though we strive to dye them much faster). Please inquire BEFORE ordering if you need expedited service. Expedited service is not guaranteed and is subject to an additional fee. Use the Contact Us page to see if expedited service is available and to make arrangements for the additional fee. Preorders cannot be canceled and are not refundable. By purchasing a preorder product, you agree to these terms. Dyed-to-Order products typically ship out the next business day after they are done drying. Ready-to-Ship items purchased in conjunction with Dyed-to-Order items will ship together when the Dyed-to-Order items are ready. Business days are Monday-Friday and exclude holidays. All items are shipped via the United States Postal Service. Visit our Shipping Policies and Return Policies for more information. By completing a purchase at Tina's Toasty Toes, you are agreeing to be bound by the shipping and return policies.
All items are dyed in a smoke-free, pet-friendly home. All yarn is dyed separately from, and stored in sealed containers away from the cat, but transfer cannot be completely prevented.
Every effort has been made to photograph the colors of these yarns as accurately as possible, however, some variation in colors may occur between monitors and devices. Tina's Toasty Toes is not responsible for color variations from monitor to monitor, or from one device to another.